Day - 9 , 11-04-2013
Match no : 12
Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders @ 4:00 PM IST
M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru
Match no : 13
Pune Warriors India vs Rajasthan Royals @ 8:00 PM IST
Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium, Pune
Highlights of day 8
- Chennai Super Kings bounced back yesterday after their initial defeat against MI. The commanding victory by 10 wickets against KIXP proved Chennai are one of the strong contenders of IPL trophy 2013. Meanwhile this is the 6th time a team is winning the match by 10 wickets in IPL.
- Australian brothers Michael Hussey playing for CSK and David Hussey representing KIXP were the top scorers for their respective teams. David Hussey scored 41 where as unbeaten 86 runs by Michael Hussey made him awarded with the man of the match.
Matches of the day
- First match of the day will be between RCB and KKR. The Royal Challengers are flying high after the huge victory against Sunrisers. The joining of wicket keeper cum batsman AB de Villiers to the team has further strengthened the middle order.
- Most sixes in IPL are hit by RCB's Chris Gayle. Till the last match a total of 134 sixes were smashed by this giant player. CSK's Suresh Raina is in the 2nd place with 97 sixes, followed by KIXP's Adam Gilchirst with 87 sixes.
- The second match of the day will be between winners of both their initial games Rajasthan Royals and looser of both their initial games Pune Warriors.
- Pune warriors hold the record for loosing most matches in a streak. In 2012 season of IPL, Pune lost 9 matches continuously.
Just for laughs :)
Chennai Super king's all rounder Ravindra Jadeja is very popular among Facebook and Twitter users where he is jokingly referred as Sir Ravindra Jadeja. His teammates Suresh Raina, R Ashwin and even captain cool Mahendra Singh Dhoni tweeted many funny Sir Ravindra Jadeja jokes on twitter.
Some of the funny tweets by M. S. Dhoni (https://twitter.com/msdhoni) on Jadeja are :
- God realised Rajani Sir is getting old so he created Sir Ravindra Jadeja
- Sir Jadeja once wanted to make a slit mountain to play as a kid now v all call it mt. everest
- Leaving for practice at 3pm but the stadium is coming so that sir Jadeja can practice
- Whenever Sir Jadeja makes an error its an invention and on a daily basis v get plenty of those, all patent pending.
- Sir Jadeja doesn't run to take the catch but the ball finds him and lands on his hand
- When Sir Jadeja drives his jeep, his jeep remains still and road moves and wen he goes in to bat the pavilion moves to the wkt.