Day - 6 , 08-04-2013
Match no : 8
Rajasthan Royals vs Kolkata Knight Riders @ 8:00 PM
Sawai Mansingh Stadium, Jaipur
- One more match, one more last over suspense drama, but RCB bowler Vinay Kumar could not restrict Sunrisers from scoring 130 which resulted the match being a tie and the winner had to be decided through super over. The two massive sixes by Cameron White and the splendid super duper over by Dale Steyn helped Sunrisers Hyderabad to record their successive second win of the tournament.
- Man of the match was undoubtedly 19 year old youngster, Hanuma Vihari for his unbeaten 44 runs and the match winning wicket of Chris Gayle. This Hyderabad boy, a member of Indian team which won the ICC Under 19 world cup in 2012 took the wicket of Chris Gayle in the very first ball of the over he bowled in the match.
- This is the third instance a match becoming a tie in IPL tournament. The match between RR & KKR in 2009 and KIXP & CSK in 2010 resulted in a tie earlier.
- In the earlier match of the day Kings IX Punjab trashed Pune Warriors by 8 wickets. Manan Vohra was man of the match for his unbeaten 44 of just 28 balls.
- The winners in their first matches of this IPL edition, Kolkata & Rajasthan are going face each other in Jaipur today.
- Rajasthan Royals hold the record for scoring lowest total in an IPL match. They scored just 58 runs in the match against Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2009.
- Kolkata Knight riders hold the record for beating their opponent by a biggest margin in an IPL match. In 2008, KKR beat RCB by an record margin of 140 runs.